A few things to update on, but I'll try to not be all over the place as usual and stick to one topic :)
This last month, I have been enjoying crafting for a shower we threw for our close friends Tim and Amanda! I'm not so great at hosting showers but I love to make stuff and decorate for them! So thankfully I had some help from Lindsay and Anna to make it all happen. I forgot to take pictures before everyone came so the pictures of the food(the biggest part!) don't really exsist. But it was definitely fun! So if you're throwing a shower for someone and want some ideas, here they are! We made a rag garland out of fat quarters on sale at Joann's. Onesies on a clothesline! and of course, poms in the windows :)(those are a PAIN in the butt to make, so I would recommend giving that task to a husband or something haha) On the mantle there is a game there too. The easy to do "how many candies in a jar". There were 1148 in that jar. Should have been 1149, but baby fingers got to one.
Poms in the window.
It's a girl banner and pom garland. On the table there we had a few things set up.
And basket and blank mailing labels for guest to write their addresses on. Takes one step out of thank you cards for the soon to be busy parents to be!
Advice cards - something for the guests to write any advice, if any to the parents-to-be and some guesses on the day the baby will be born and how long and how much she will weigh.
And the favors! I stole this idea from pinterest, but since Amanda likes to garden, it seemed like such a cute idea! The one on pinterest required seed bombs but those are pricey. So we went with plantable sunflower seeds. The picture below.
Then there are of course the staples!!! Diaper wreath!
Dessert bar with wood "baby girl" letters on a clothes line. Lindsay had a great idea. The letters and icons are wood and are from Joanns. Afterwards you can put velcro on them and use them on a velcro board for you baby when they are older.
This came out a little blurry, but it was the first thing I made for the party! A burlap and lace banner. The McCarthys haven't decided on how to spell their baby's name yet so we we put "baby McCarthy" instead. I have tons of extra burlap still so once they do know, we may make one with her name to add to the nursery :)
And the diaper cake! The letters we got pre made at micheals and attached travel size items and toys :) We used about 45 size one diapers.
Lastly, a puff quilt! I didn't finish it in time for the shower, but did finish it now! haha. Amanda, Steph and I made one for our friend Erica last year. This year, i tried a different tutorial, but still needed some help making the squares. So Lindsay was able to help me there. But I tried a new way of adding a backing and making a ruffle, which I had never done. It's definitely an amature blanket, but its done! :)
I really enjoy crafting and making things for friends so this was a lot of fun for me to do :)
It was so amazing and you did an awesome job! Can't wait to put ALL the decor up in the nursery! Lucky to have you as a friend :)
ReplyDelete