Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 26 weeks

  So the last post about Elyse's hair styling, published today. But I wrote it 2 days ago and just noticed that it didn't go through....or did it?

Anyways, Im 26 weeks and 1 day today! The size of a cucumber :)

I had an ultrasound today and it went well. I have had really terrible pelvic pressure and its gotten a lot worse this week. Unfortunately, this is normal for a second pregnancy and there isn't much that can be done. It feels like someone kicked me down there and feels swollen.  My cousin Sharon let me borrow her maternity belt and it does help a little. Assuming I am using it properly :) 

The pain was really bad on tuesday, so on Wednesday I told my nurse and she recommended I let my Dr know. Since I knew I had a ultrasound today I decided to wait till today. When I went into my ultrasound, the nurse noticed I was walking funny so I let her know about how bad the pressure is. She said that they will need to keep an eye on it. 

Once the ultrasound tech came in and put that warm gel on my belly the first thing she said is "oh... you're having a contraction right now. Can you feel it?" 

I said "ooooooh.... I thought I was having a stomach ache!!" hahaha turns out I have likely been having braxton Hicks contractions this week and have been contributing to my pelvic pressure and likely making it worse! From what I was reading about them, BH contractions can be painless or painful. But they usually don't affect the cervix which is good news for me! Other than that my cervix looks nice and long(aren't you thrilled to know about my cervix?)

So I was cleared to travel to sacramento this weekend :)

If you see my getting up slowly with a pained expression, don't worry. It's totally normal. The beauty of pregnancy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment