Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gender Reveal - It's a boy!



So at our 13 week (12 for most but I was traveling) ultrasound, we found out the gender of our newest little addition! Of course it was still considered early so that's why I tried to not post it on the blog until recently. But the proof was pretty obvious and we love to share good news with our friends. I mean, thats what friends are for, right!? You share the exciting moments in your lives with them.

We found out on like a wednesday and "casually" invited everyone over for a get together dinner, which was actually going to be a surprise gender reveal party! We didn't want to tell everyone it would be gender reveal because then they likely would have guessed boy since I've heard it's easier to see a boy earlier than a girl on the ultrasound.

We got everything ready for those that could make it and I made cupcakes with blue frosting inside. Cole and I knew we were going to have a hard time keeping the news to ourselves throughout the whole dinner so once everyone got there, I pulled out the cupcakes and said "we're gonna do dessert first today". As a couple people grabbed cupcakes, I started to shake with excitement and said something along the lines of "so... we have some news. These are gender reveal cupcakes". I don't remember exactly what I said because this was almost 2 months ago.

My friends Erica and Stephanie bit into the cupcakes and saw the blue frosting :) It went exactly how I thought it would in my head and was really happy everyone was such a great sport about the whole thing :)


So as it turns out, we will have one of each! One girl(Elyse) and one boy!! We are super excited and can't wait to meet him. Here are a few pictures(some I've posted already, but go well with this theme) of how we wanted a "picture"gender reveal for everyone out there in cyberspace :)












No comments:

Post a Comment