Monday, February 11, 2013

Babymoon - Day 3

One thing I really like about visiting Hawaii is that being jet lagged, isn't a bad thing. You tend to start your day earlier and go to bed earlier and really use those daylight hours :) Also, when you're on the island of Kauai, there are roosters, EVERYWHERE. Particularly one comes around every morning right in front of our window and screams(or whatever it is that roosters do) right around 3am. So you don't need an alarm :)

But even better is, you tend to be awake for the sunrise :)

A nice cup o' joe, and my ipad and the lanai. Clearly, I am even finding the time to blog in the mornings! (things are very different when you don't have a 1.5 year old to tend to every waking moment of the day)

Yesterday was great! We went up to the north shore of Kauai. Cole and I started off going to one of those timeshare presentations so we could get discounts and a $100 amex card. (mama needs new sunglasses!) It was in the same spot we went to last time we were here, which was in Princeville. We were nice but able to chop the 90min presentation down to 45min by basically telling them "we're expecting our second baby, just bought a new house and a new car so we just aren't in the market to buy a timeshare. Plus, my (nice) mother lets us use hers for free every year, we fly over using miles and only pay for groceries once we get here... so spending $14k into your program just isn't in the cards". They totally understood and were nice enough to let us take off early, with our gifts of course.

Then we met with timanada at Hanalei bay and relaxed, had lunch, the guys boogie boarded, we shopped a little(being hurried along while cole whined about how it was making him tired) and then checked out the closed beaches(tunnels, and Ke'e). With all the years I have visited this island, I had never really stayed at Hanalei bay beach and I really liked it! There was a part that was swimmable. I definitely like to hit my favorite spots here, but I also like to try something new at times so I was pretty happy about that choice :)

At the end of the day, the rain came so we headed down to our side of the island(the east side) and cooked dinner.(Steak, potatoes, carrots and asparagus) It was pretty healthy except I HAD to have sour cream and cheese on everything!

We ended the night with the board game trouble and the start of a puzzle. It was a pretty good day :)

Today we plan to head to sunny poipu so hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures!!

We miss our little girl so so sooo much and can't wait to see her but are trying to soak in the time of childless adults while we can :)



No comments:

Post a Comment