Today, October 2, 2012, marks the two year anniversary with my wonderful husband(our cotton anniversary). Our wedding day was such an amazing day, I wish we could do it all over again exactly the same. I know everyone thinks their wedding was the best they had ever been to and I am one of those people. (but I think there is something wrong when you don't think your own wedding was the best) A room with so many important people in our lives, all our family and friends sharing in this speical moment where we commit our lives to being one.
We both did so much planning into so many of the little details of the day, and it came out perfect. Exactly how we planned. Every year we hope to relive it a little with a speical diner and viewing our wedding photos, guestbook, and video clips. Since we aren't home with all our stuff, we have to postpone some of that till we're back. But in honor of our speical day that brought us to who and where we are today, I'm going to post some of my favorite pictures from it. Some you've probably seen a lot already due to facebook, but I wouldn't post them, if they weren't my favorite! I'm sure I'm missing a few too...
I like to say that this one was one of my favorite days in my life because it really was the whole day that I loved. It was actually the whole weekend. From friday morning, primping and getting pampered in the Hotel 1000 spa, and bridesmaid lunch at the Four Seasons, to the minute we left on our honeymoon to Ireland.
Here we go!
Friday, Oct 1, 2010
Getting ready for the big day! At the nail salon with MOH Courtney! Nails and taming of the eyebrows, CHECK!
Bridesmaid luncheon at the Four Seasons. (missing Auny!) after getting my hair done at Swink in Seattle. Love how my hair turned out.
The rehersal where I fubbed the vows....
Rehersal Dinner at Sip in downtown Seattle with my MOH Courtney and Bridesmaid Tany! During the rehersal I remember messing up the vows. Yes, at times it's hard to repeat words when there is so many eyes on you! hahaha
Rehersal Dinner with my Mom and Grandmother. Three generations of Baik women.
My bridesmaids and I at the rehearsal dinner.
Awesome reaction to bridesmaid's gifts. HAHAHA MOH Sharon. Timeless face, must send to Ford Models ASAP.
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010
Details, Details
My MOHs getting me suited up!
One of my favorite photos to show my Seahawks pride! (also to add to the Seattle themed wedding)
Ready to go from Miss to Mrs! Meanwhile...the guys are:
Spraying cologne where deodorant goes.....and
and drinking. Just kidding, all empty bottles in this phto. But clearly, picking up the room for the photos wasn't on the adgenda.
Group photos!! ( pretend you haven't been up since 5am!! woo hoo!)
Another all time favorite, if I could see Kevin and Matt more and if the dogs where looking at the camera. But really a fav.
my babies.... I miss them so much right now. Taylor was here usual angel self that day. I remember Brody was a butthead though. It's like he didn't know he was getting a dad that day!
There was a jogger going by. Another favorite.
Slug bug!
This photo got us into Seattle Bride Magazine :)
The program that matched our invites. I wish I had remembered to bring an invite to get photographed. I LOVED our invites! We spent so much time with the designer(the daughter of a friend of Cole's) designing the invite to be so personal to us. Seattle themed(the rain drops, and us under the umbrella silhouette) , wedding colors(eggeplant and mango), library book-esk(the booklike style and return card was like when you rent a book from the libaray), and us (our doggies). We even planned the invite color to the orange bakers twine we wanted.
This is the moment I had a little trouble getting Cole's ring on since he was burning up in his tux. I always feel bad for guys at weddings. They usually end up in 3 peice tuxs and having to run around all day taking photos and getting hott. While the bride and bridesmaids are in dresses, usually strapless, sometimes cold. I would take cold over hott anyday.
We're Mr and Mrs Coulston Van Gundy!! There were so many bubbles, I couldn't believe it. It was SO beautiful from our view. This picture is great but it doesn't do it justice to all the bubbles that our friends and family put in the air to welcome us into married bliss :) This was a very fairy tale moment for me.
It's time for the party!!
The Cake. Although it was kind of a miss-matched mess, it describes a part of our personality. We love so many things, its hard to chose. So we chose everything.(three different patterns, 2 cake toppers... 2 cakes) The cake stand was a nice, last minute touch. I painted the hair on the topper to match mine and Cole's too. I was so happy with how it all turned out. Seattle themed(umbrella and rainboots), but still us. It was delicious too!!(at least to us it was!) A traditional vanilla white wedding cake with orange and purple sprinkles, so it was confetti cake (cole's favorite) with cream cheese frosting (my favorite). Perfection.
We also had a small sheet cake to accomidate everyone. At the end of the night, the whole sheet cake was still there... this made me VERY happy to eat later.
The reception room, was later transformed to the dancefloor while we cut the cake in a different room to move guests around. The chairs(thankfully) came with the venue and worked well. The table cloths, chair ribbons, and centerpieces were perfect. Designed by Aria Style in Seattle. When we went into the consultation, I had no idea what I wanted. All I said was "our colors are eggplant and mango. I don't prefer hydrangeas at my wedding, so please avoid those. I want a modern, not traditional centerpeice." and this is what we got. I was thrilled! They looked like mini gardens!
The amber uplights were done by my fantastic DJ from good times DJ in Seattle. I was so happy with him too! He was young and had a great personality! Perfect for the dancing. He also played "teach me how to douggie" for me even though it had bad words .
My MOH Sharon had designed the menus and photoshoped the table "numbers". This really helped us a ton!! Now everyone could know what they were eating. Lastly, they aren't in the photo, but the place cards matched the invites and programs. There was bakers twine on the top of each which depending on the color of the twine, signaled the waiter as to what was ordered :)
Wedding favors! Most people don't know what to do about wedding favors, so I say... eat it! Thanks to my MOH for helping me bake and ice every single cookie! The icing ended up being alittle runny so they kind of look like horses and sheep. But it's suppose to be Taylor and Brody!. Also Thank you to my friend Amanda for hooking us up with the wedding colored myjones, Jones Soda! These were a hit! When I go to visit relatives, I always see one of these bottle in their house somewhere! We didn't even end up with one of each, but Im happy to have at least gotten a pictuer of them! I think it really helped everyone has a night of drinking and dancing :).
Our first dance - You and I by Michael Buble. We took months of dance lessons, and I'd say it turned out pretty good! I could tell cole was very nervous. Thankfully, dancing in front of people makes me feel like I am in my element so I did a pretty good job of slowing him down. It was so much fun :)
Father daughter, mother son dance. I wish there was a better picture with us dancing and Courtney singing. That was seriously one of the best things. I felt so honored that she sang that song. I only wish I could have watched her sing :(
and now... time to get down!I was a sweaty mess at this point.
After all the food, fun, drinks and laughs, it was midnight and the party moved to Fado, a bar a block away.
Ended the perfect day with a Seattle hotdog.
Thank you to everyone reading who helped make this day perfect by being there, or if you weren't able to make it, for being apart of our lives. We love you!
Here are my last two all time favorite pictures:
All this lead to this: (my happily ever after)
No comments:
Post a Comment