Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Celebrity Sighting



This happened a few weeks ago, but it was so exciting for me that I wanted to blog about it before I forgot. 

Since we've been on the east coast, I have been hoping we would run into a celebrity somewhere! I was thinking we would definitely see one in NY. We had stayed in the upper west side were quite a few celebs were suppose to have lived. But no luck. I guess to be honest, this isn't my first celeb sighting actually. Just first in awhile. 

I guess the first real one was Tyra Banks in Ralphs in Granite Bay while she was dating Chris Webber on the Sacramento Kings. She was buying make up with a friend. I was with Tany and I we were soo surprised to see her there! Chris Webber was there too, but Tyra was more important to us haha. Second time was in San Francisco outside of Japantown, my cousin  Michelle and I were walking back to our grandmother's house and right past us walks Robin Williams. I am an extremely giddy and star struck person, so I was overly excited everytime. I leave them alone though, because I assume they are wanting to have that "normal" life for a few minutes and I didn't want to cause a scene. 

This time we were in Boston. This was our second trip to beantown since we've been on the east coast. This time we wanted to make sure Elyse was enjoying her time, so we went to the Boston Aquarium, also known as the New England Aquarium on the Boston waterfront. My aunt, Cole, Elyse and I were waiting in line to get tickets and the line was kind of long and wrapped around like an "S". We were in the last row and I see about 2 feet in front of me, a woman with a child in line in the row in front of us, facing me. Her sunglasses were off (mine were on thank goodness) and I realize her face is really familar, and so my first thought was... "I know this person.."

Then it clicked, I don't know this person, I just know her character. Meridith Grey, from Grey's Anatomy.  She sees me looking at her, (fail.) and she immediately puts her oversized glasses on. Now im not sure if I was right, but just to validate that I was, the girl in front of her in line randomly whips around and says something to her, and Ellen(Pompeo) smiles and brings one finger up to her lips and nodds. (making the "shhh.. quiet" signal). Then I feel validated that I was right! I tell Cole, and he wants to go up and ask for a picture, and all I can think is "no, I don;t want to be the person to ruin their trip to the aquarium."  I eventually convince him its not nesscary and I can just stare at her for awhile from a distance. :)
(Terrible picture, but I was snapping a picture of Stella, Ellen's daughter, next to the red stroller. You can only see the a little bit of Ellen next to the older man in the white shirt. You can see her sunglasses. The woman with the jean shorts was with her. She's not the random person.)


So I snap a few pictures like a creepy fan and a little jealous cause I see her pose for a picture with the girl that was in line in front of her. I don't think much of anyone else noticed though. The reason this was so exciting for me was because when I moved to Seattle, Courtney got me hooked on this show. It was a little depressing but so addicting and interesting. Plus,I had the added interest that it was based in Seattle. So It was fun to notice the little things they did to make it more "seattle like". Since then (7 years ago), I've been hooked on the show. Although it got a little weird with Izzy was leaving then came back, then was having sex with a ghost, but other than that, I loved the show. (oh and the season premire is tonight so I figured this post was appropiate)

(here's my best picture. I am still in line and they are buying their tickets. Ellen is bending over Stella.)


So this particular sighting was the most exciting for me since I am an actual fan of this actress. Later while we were in the aquarium, we ran into them one more time. I sound like a such a dork, but I was RIGHT next to her!!! It was in a small room where you can see the samllest penguins in the world. Stella and Elyse were standing next to each other, looking at each other then looking at the penguins too. I was kind of hoping they would talk to each other, but I guess Elyse has to talk for that to work out haha. It was my oppourtunity to ask for a picture because it was a small room, and it was just us and them, but again I didn't want to ruin it for them.

We saw them again as we were leaving, but that was it. I didn't do it. It was an exciting day though 

Since we're in Philly for a few more weeks, we may run into someone!! We've seen quite a few movie trailers around town, but no actors. When we first got here, we saw teh trailers for the movie Paranoia, which is starring Liam Hemsworth. He would have been fun to see :) Then 2 days ago, we saw more trailers for a TV show called "do no harm". Maybe we'll see someone else

No comments:

Post a Comment