Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Homesick - Dogsick

Although I am so grateful to be able to travel with Cole and Elyse right now, I have to mention... I miss my doggies so much!!!

ok first of all, look at these adorable faces!
I did not grow up with dogs. My one pet was a tortise and it was like owning a eating, pooping, rock. I loved my tortise Arnie, formally known as Claire as I thought he was a girl for like 2 years. But they don't really snuggle or protect you or leave their hair everywhere as a reminder of their presence. And I did try to make that tortise cuddle with me. When it was a baby, I would let it sleep in my bed next to my pillow kind of like in the crook of my neck and I loved it until I woke up rolling in poop.

Gross.

I'll be honest, I was a little excited to be dog free for a little bit. No shedding, no begging, no worrying about my belongings when I leave the house. But omg.. I miss them more than I thought I would. It made me realize I can never go back to a life without a dog. I love seeing them and feeling their protection. I missed them after a few days and now that its been a few months, I am so sad :(

Thankfully, my mom and mother in law and been generous enough to travel to Seattle the weekend we get back and bring them!! so only 2 more weeks until I get to see their furry faces!! I'll be sad if they don't care when they see us, but at the same time, whatever. I get happiness out of seeing those two. Wiggling tails, big brown ears and short pug sneezes. 

Im also really curious to see how they react to Elyse and vice versa! Elyse lights up when she sees other dogs, but I dont know if she knows she has 2 of her own! (and they are NOT her brother and sisters, they are my fur babies yes, but Elyse and my pets are not equals)

She was gentle with them before we left, but who knows now!

Heres a few of my favorite pictures of my fur babies:

This is the first weekend I got Brody! I believe he is about 11weeks old in this picture

Big Brown!!

From when Brody was a puppy... awww! so long ago!

Taylor has always been all legs. This is from when she was a puppy enjoying our first winter together.

MY boys!!!

Guilty!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment