This friday we are leaving Philly. So last week, we started our process of cleaning the apartment of unwanted things. As we were doing it, we found a stack of brochures I grabbed when we first got here. (almsot 3 months ago) In there were plenty of things we had accomplished seeing and some we didn't. One thing I saw was a brochure for Sesame Place! When I first picked up this brochuce in August, I didn't think twice about it. It was out of the question since Elyse didn't watch TV and still a fairly new walker so a water park didn't sound like a good idea.
But now, Elyse will notice the TV and mostly so when the Cat in the Hat is on or Sesame Street. Although she is still unable to sit through a whole episode of anything, she is starting to become familar with the characters. One time when we were in Barnes and Noble, she saw the Cat in the Hat book and screamed with excitment, which I can only assume is because she reconized him from the show.
When we rediscovered the Sesame Place brochure, it was worth a second look.
Turns out, its mostly a water park but they change it in the fall for halloween and turn off all the water rides. It has regular rides too and the whole park is aimed for toddlers and young childern. So its small for their little legs and tons of places for them to play. We knew that Elyse would mostly enjoy just staring at the other kids. It's also the only theme park in the nation that is Sesame Street themed. Although I would say it would be more enjoyable if she was about a year older, it was still a good way to get out of the house and do something different. Sometime Cole and I hadn't been to either which made it kind of worth it.
It wasn't cheap though, so I would recommend if you have a young toddler or baby to go in the fall/winter. During this time, they are only open on the weekends and you can buy the tickets online for $20 less per ticket. The regular price was $59 per person(ages 2-up) but if you pay the full price I believe its good for 2 days. (although its such a small place I don't see why you would need 2 days unless its for the water rides.)
So we had $20 off per person and paid $79 after taxes for both of us. Yes, thats still pricey, but it was worth it for us. It's unlikely we will ever go back since we don't live out there and it not worth traveling from Seattle to go there. It's not as big as disneyland. Plus since we've lived here for 3 months, we've seen as much as we want to over here.
Although, if we happen to be in the area when our family is a little older, then we would go again for their enjoyment.
All in all, We were there for about 5 hours and I think Elyse was pooped but really enjoyed herself. I think she liked seeing all the kids and the characters. I think she REALLY enjoyed the parade towards the end of our visit and got to see all the characters on Sesame Street. The only things I wish I had done differently is I wish I would have dressed her up in her costume!!!
They had booths for trick or treating
This was the only ride we went on due to the lines and lack of interest. But she seemed happy with it!
Rubber ducky game - winner everytime!!
More trick or treating
In Count's unhaunted house! She loved the buttons
In Abby's magical maze - E is clearly flirting with the boy next to her
umm... forgot what these are called. But I think they are Abby's fairy friends?
The Elmo Ride!
Can you tell me how to get, how to get to SESAME STREET! - go to Sesame Street is now marked off the bucket list haha
Although Cookie has always been my favorite character, Elyse went for teh big bird doll, so we got her that instead. I like cookie cause he enjoyes eating like I do :)
Parade pictures - Big Bird
Abby
Burt and Ernie
Oscar
Elmo and... I don't know who that is..
COOKIE!!
The Count
Someone won't look at me cause she's afraid to miss the action.
To end our wonderful day, we went to a restaurant we had been wanting to try since we got here called Parc. A nice french restaurant that had this cute high chair! Cole got the duck and Elyse loved it. Expensive taste!
Sunday we finally did the Big Bus tour of Philly and learned a few things we wish we had known when we got here! But I'll save that for tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment