Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Battleship New Jersey



So, I was wrong, I did have a few photos from the Battleship New Jersey!! I am going to share them :)

The Adventure Aquarium and the Battleship New Jersey are right next to each other in Camden, New Jersey which is right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. It's really close for us. We just go across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and it's right there!

Above is a picture of us in front of the aquarium with the Philadelphia skyline in the background. The fun thing is that we live right across the street to the comcast center(the tallest building, kind of right above my head in the picture) in Philly. So we can always judge how far away from our "home away from home" is. This picture was a really hard picture to get becuase Elyse was not in the picture taking mood so thats why Cole and I look a little silly. He's saying "take it" between his teeth and I'm in the middle of saying "I am". HAHA

Here is the other picture we got from that moment. Which better shows Elyse's true feelings...

So the Battleship. It was really impressive to see. I can't get over how naval architects designs ships like this. There are so many passageways, levels and rooms and stuff to fit then to make it all sail. Its amazing! Then to think of all the men on the ship needed to run it and how crowded it must have been.

Well, I didn't take too many photos on the ship. As I mentioned in a previous post, it was a little difficult to tour the ship wtih a baby who wants to walk around. 

Heres a panaramic photos of the view from the aquarium! You can see Ben Franklin Bridge, Penns landing and Philadephia.


Here's Cole and Elyse lookin at the BSNJ. This dock was made for the ship museum with all the black pillars on the side are all the battles the ship was in and surrvived. 

Heres a panaramic picture of the ship

Look at those guns! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those! (and a family doing a cute mini photo shoot on the ship)


Elyse fits right in with her military style jacket :) 

Momma, don't leave me here! My crib is bigger than this!

See anything that would stand out to Cole on this photo?

If you guessed the Crowley tug pulling the BSNJ then you were right! :D

Well thats all I took. I got a little sick in the small areas. I don't know what is it is about old ships, but I get uncomfortable in them. (oh yea, I'm terrified they are all haunted!)

Im in a much much better mood than yesterday which is nice! The weather here took a really quick turn from dresses to pants and a winter coat over a day! Friday it was warm out and sweaty. Then saturday we were both freezing our tushys off! I feel a little bad. My friend Tany called me last week and asked if she needed a winter coat to bring and I said "no I dont think so. I don't have one and I've been fine. Its really hard to say cause it really depends on the day." Now a winter coat would be helpful. whoops! 




 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment