Monday, December 3, 2012

Leavenworth Tree Lighting

  
So since we've been sick, I haven't been out of the house much and most contact I've had with the outside world is via text or online. A little sad, but it's not really fun to get other people sick. So we've really kept to ourselves and tried hard to get better.

Thankfully, we have all been starting to feel better. We recently paid for a part of a trip to go to Leavenworth with some of our friends for the tree lighting there. Leavenworth is a cute bavarian town in the middle of Washington. Cole and I had been a lot before the baby. We really enjoy camping near Leavenworth in the summer. Breaks up the trip, camp a little, then go into town and shop a little :) Needless to say, it is one of our favorite spots of visit in the summer. We have a lot of memories there.

This was the first time we went in the winter time! Very different! (much much much colder) We weren't sure if we were gonna make it because we were all sick, but as of friday we were starting to feel better and went as early as we could saturday morning. I'm glad we went. It was great to see friends and get out of the house! Plus I love to stock up on my christmas stuff there. For a tourist spot, it wasn't too expensive for gifts!

Anyways, the lighting took all of 10 minutes and was great. I loved it. It got right to the point. The tree lit up and then the businesses behind us did as well. It was a great way to start the christmas season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment