We're expecting!! We are only 9 weeks(almost 10) along, and its a little early to share the news to the general public. But I figured very few people read this blog in the first place(and I am waiting to announce it on facebook for a at least another week so please keep the secret) and also, if something unfortunate would happen, I will probably blog about it anyways. Plus, when I was pregnant with Elyse, I announced on my blog at about 8 weeks, so I waited a whole week this time!! haha
Actually, a few months ago, while we were in Philadelphia, we were unfortunate enough to suffer from an early miscarriage. We found out we were pregnant at about 6 weeks and a few days later, while we were in New York City, we had a miscarriage. There was nothing to be done, so we continued to enjoy our trip the best we could and went from there. It was a sad time, but we weren't trying and it was an unexpected pregnancy. Due to that, I think it wasn't as upsetting as it could have been.
After that we realized we were ready for our family to expand and began to try to get pregnant. The next month, we had a negative, and then the following month(NOV) we had a positive pregnancy test. Of course, It was a little hard to be too excited with the somewhat recent miscarriage, but it was still exciting to get a positive.
Luckily we were back from the east coast and I could see an OB I was comfortable with. Although I liked my previous OB, I liked her practice partner a little more. Partially because her partner ended up delivering Elyse and partially when I was in the hospital for 3 weeks, I felt like I saw her more than my own OB. So, I've decided to switch.
So my new OB is the OB that delivered Elyse, and since I had a C-section, she is even more familiar with how she cut me and all of that gory stuff. She's also very pro active and I really like that.
I went to see her for a Pap a few days after I found out I was pregnant. Which thinking back on it, why did I schedule a pap when my period was suppose to be there? no idea.
Anyways, I went to see her and told her about the miscarriage. She told me that with the recent miscarriage and the early pregnancy with Elyse, that I am considered high risk and she would like to monitor me a little closer. Unlike last time, this time, I had a blood test done to see that the baby was progressing, and at 6 weeks we got to have an ultrasound done. When we did the 6 week ultrasound, we saw the flicker of the heartbeat which was a HUGE relief.
This gave us the comfort of telling our family a little early too since seeing the heartbeat drops the possibly of miscarriage to 5%. We told our family at thanksgiving or as we saw them. Elyse even got to wear a fun new onesie.
Also, it looks like Dutchess Kate and I are due around the same time. Since they announced it, I guess I can to? But don't worry, I've been sent such wonderful articles as "6 way your pregnancy will be different that Kate Middletons" to remind me that we may be due around the same time, but thats were the similarities end. I particularly like the 1st difference if you decide to read it.
http://www.parentsociety.com/parenting/kate-middleton-pregnant-6-ways-her-pregnancy-will-be-different-than-yours/?utm_source=nl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=121012
Lastly, I have been experiencing some morning sickness, but not too much. Mild stomach discomfort and vomit. But I'm not dizzy as much as I was last time. Only when Im in the car and not driving. Food hasnt been as exciting as it used to be and the most I crave is salad(strange), fries, and soup.
Elyse doesn't know what going on yet but someday she will. Hopefully before the baby comes :)


No comments:
Post a Comment