Friday, January 18, 2013

New home!


I want so badly to rant again about how rude people are on Facebook, especially now that everyone is discussing gun control. Oh wait.. did I say discussing? I'm sorry, I mean ranting about what they think is right, but more so, how others are wrong...blah.

I'll keep this part short. (or I'll try). I think healthy discussion is fine, but its very very difficult to not only keep myself in check but for others to do so as well. So going on facebook and telling me how to raise my child or what I should do with my child regarding gun control is completely out of line and even more so, when you are not a parent. Yes, I am going to be protective about my child, and family. They are the most precious things in this world to me. If you are not protective, then thats your choice.

Since this is my blog and you have a choice to read this, then here is what I think. Just as I can "unfriend" people on fb, you can stop reading this if it upsets you. I want to try to be even minded when I speak about these things, but it is not always easy and I know not everyone agrees. But this is a place for me to vent at times.


Ok, was that short enough? Haha


Less heavy stuff now!

So if I haven't mentioned it before... We bought a house!!

With the arrival of our second child coming sometime between may and july, we decided that finding a bigger place would be beneficial for our upcoming needs. Staying in our place is doable, with a young baby or even 2 toddlers, but it wouldn't be as comfortable, and prefer to expand.

First thing on our "want" list was Issaquah school district since its in the top 10 districts in the state. Unfortunately, Issaquah school houses are very expensive and even more so in Issaquah. But thankfully, some of the school district bleeds into the Renton highlands, which is where our new house is. Not that our house was cheap, but we got more house for our buck in Renton than in Issaquah. Although I would have loved a smaller home in the Issaquah Highlands, a 3 car garage house there would have been well into the $800k and that was not in our price range at all.

Cole really wanted a 3 car garage, and I understand why. Mostly for storage. So our new house is in the Issaquah school district, 3 car garage, 3+ rooms. These were our top requirements. The extra pluses to our new home is that its in a cul-de-sac, brand new(still being built), 5 bedrooms plus formal living and dining and a great room, decent back yard, and we got to pick most of the finishings. Unfortunately, we didn't get the pick the cabinets and I really wanted white cabinets, so I will be painting those eventually. It's near 2 grocery stores, a 24 hour fitness, and closer to some of our friends that live on the eastside.

The only downside is that I have come to really really love Issaquah. Its such a cute and beautiful town. I love driving down Gilman blvd to target or Fred Meyer and seeing Tiger mt and the fog rolling over it. Or the snow on top!! It really is beautiful. So I will be finding reasons to be there still. My OB and Elyse's pediatrician is in Issaquah and I have no plans to change them since I think they are both fantastic and one of a kind.

But we close Feb 28 2013. We are sooo excited!!! To have more space!

I will post pictures as I take some :)

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. You can visit my site.
    Issaquah highlands

    ReplyDelete