Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Darn you RLP you are a pain in my side!!

My left side that is!!!

RLP or round ligament pain is a shooting or consistent pain that develops sometimes in your second trimester. Now that I am in my second trimester, I am definitely getting these pains. I didn't with Elyse so its  new feeling and its horrible. For me its a consistent pain that I will suddenly feel. Sometimes in the middle of the night it will wake me up from sleeping, others in the middle of the day. It can come at anytime.

Since I didn't have this last time, my first instinct was "something is wrong!!". But after doing some research and talking to friends, I've decided to not alert my OB as it appears to be RLP and there isn't much they can do for me besides tell me its "normal" and that I can take tylenol or something like that.

So now that I'm 15 weeks along, I figured I should talk about my pregnancy again. Things are going fairly well. I don't vomit as much but maybe 1 time every week. Unfortunately, I am still throwing, but it's slowly down and its not as much. I do still have lots of fun extra mucus as all time... yuck.

I'm definitely "showing". It kind of sucks because I am much bigger than I was last time around. I know its normal the second time to be bigger earlier, but it still it's a great feeling when I am just like 5x bigger than what I would have been on my first. It was like my uterus was like "well the last time there was something in here I was THIS big. So I'll just go immediately back to that size..."

So for those of you that want to tell me I'm big or give me a dirty look for not taking better care of myself or not being small, you can ... ahem...(a nicer way to put it would be to) keep it to yourself. The worst things you think of me, I think of myself and even worst than that. So I don't need the help of your judgement, believe me.

As of next week a nurse will be coming to my house weekly to give me progesterone shots. Yes, WEEKLY. If I could avoid it I would since its costing us $15+ a visit and I have to do it from week 16-34. Thats a LOT of money if you add it up. But it's for the health of our new baby so it will be worth it.

Plus every 3 weeks I have to go in for an ultra sound to check my cervix. If my cervix does start to open, .. ugh.. they will consider going in an putting a stitch in there which would be surgery and sounds TERRIBLE!!! So I'm really hoping that doesn't happen :)

Unfortunately, with the cost of all of my extra appointments and visits, it's become much more expensive for us than last time. So if we decline an offer to do something with you, it's not because we don't want it, its really that we are having budget to due to the pregnancy and watch our spending. So staying in and doing dinners at home work better for us :)

So far pregnancy hasn't been too bad. It's been interesting trying to keep up with Elyse and be pregnant, but it's doable. I'm just slower and more tired than usual. But we're adjusting to each other.

A friend of mine sent me this amazing article the other day. It just made my day. It;s about what Stay at Home Mom's do. Since I've been doing this SAHM thing, I have had a really hard time adjusting to not working. I felt like I lost my identity and that I am no longer helpful or productive. Anytime someone would ask me what I did all day I couldn't even think of what I did. Mostly because I know they are looking for answer of something that they would consider productive. But the truth is, I would barely accomplish showering... then I would feel worthless.

But this article really spells out everything I do and could never think to say. What takes an average person 15min takes me 45+min because I have to bring my cutie pie with me, and everything she needs to avoid a melt down. Plus everything I need to get.

I'm so busy with her, and I'm not saying "I have it harder", its more like "it's not as easy as it sounds". My mind is constantly split between what I'm actually doing and what Elyse is doing. Now, its between what I'm trying to do, like feed Elyse, to reading her cues of if shes done also to what my body(my new little baby) is telling me what s/he wants. And it never ends. The minute you decide to have a child, you have to let go of that selfish part of your life. So here's the well written article that I'm talking about:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/22/AR2007052201554.html

please check it out!!!

Lastly, we planned a little babymoon :) Every year we go to hawaii at my mom's condo. Usually in August. Since we're pregnant we decided going in August would be very difficult and changed it to February. Yes, next month!! We're going with our friends the McCarthys. They are also pregnant and wanted to go to hawaii as a babymoon so it worked out well :)

I'm actually flying down just before we leave for hawaii to Sacramento and dropping Elyse off with my mom for the week in hawaii. So we will be toddler-less! Im excited but also really really nervous about how sad i will be without her. Don't get me wrong, being on a flight with the option to fall asleep sounds amazing. But I'm so used to thinking about her and I that my mind really will be able to relax, but I will miss how exciting she makes everything. Sitting on the beach isn't just sitting on the beach, it's feeding her, putting sunscreen on her, hat on her, change her diaper, make sure her water is available, lunch for cole and I, etc. One of us watching the stuff the other taking her in the water... now it will be ... lunch for cole and I ... and sitting.. maybe reading?? haha

This will be the longest time I've been away from her since she was born. I've been away probably 3-4 nights max in the past and multiple times.

ok enough for today :)








No comments:

Post a Comment