Recently, while my mom came to visit us in Philadelphia, we went to Longwood Gardens. It's a about 45 min from our place but it was worth it. We went in the evening so that we could see a recent display of light installations at the garden. When my mom first mentioned it, I was thinking it was going to be kind of cold and boring and that we would be the only ones there. I was very wrong.
When we got there, there were tons of people there ready to see the light installations as well. Also, to make us feel a little less out of place, there were a lot of strollers too. Elyse loved it. She could walk were ever, and didn't have to worry about holding our hands or cars or bikes. We got there a little before sundown and saw parts of the garden early. As soon as the sun was gone, it was even more beautiful than I would have realized.
When I think of light installations, the first thing I thought of was when Carrie Bradshaw dated "the Russian" and how he was worried he would be the "crazy old man with the lights". I realize this is extremely girly and a little dumb that I reference Sex and the City when it came to art, but it's what I thought.
So here's a little of what we saw that evening!
Elyse and her freedom
Part of a clock in a garden that made you felt like you were in Alice and Wonderland.
More Elyse and Freedom! With Cole and my mom in the background
Elyse and I as it got dark. She wasn't thrilled that I was getting in the way for her freedom.
In the conservatory
More in the conservatory
Orchids in the conservatory. There were sooo many and so beautiful!
Water Lilies in the pond
Lights!!!
There were professional photos done of the installations. Here is a photo of one of the photos. You will see later that I added this photo because the photo we got of this installation was TERRIBLE!
More in the conservatory. This one was one of my favorites. Looks like a perfect place to get married :)
This one is the only one I remembered the name of. It was called Forest Walk and it was definitely a long walk. But worth it.
Ok, heres the terrible photo we got. They were pillars of 2 liter bottles with water and lights inside. Also, weird music playing. It was fun!
This one looks like Forest Walk but is a different one. It was REALLY hard to get this photo because we didn't have a tripod. But there is a little pond in front of this and it was so pretty they way it all reflected.
There were in front of the main entrance. It was a wonderful night :)
Till next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment