Last weekend we went to Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Also known as the Jersey Shore, made popular by the MTV show. Turns out Seaside is only about an hour away from Philly, so why not check it out! It was a beautiful day and really fun. The drive there felt long though. It wasn't a highway really. There were a ton of lights and had to stop a lot. Elyse thankfully fell asleep.
Although lately, her new favorite thing is to dance to the youtube sensation "gangnam style" by psy. It's a newly popular Korean song and every time she hears it, she smiles and dances. So above is a picture of how she was sleeping... a few minutes later, gangnam style comes on the radio and her little eyelids burst open and she starts smiling and dancing in her carseat! It was hilarious!!
We finally get to the boardwalk and the first places we found parking was surprisingly right near theJersey Shore cast house! SO before we go to the house, we check out the Shore Store. This is where the cast worked while filming. I was worried it was going to be stuffy or crowded. But it wasn't. We got there around noon on a sunday. So I assume most people in the area hadn't rolled out of bed from their previous night at Karma. haha jk
Also, all the yelp and foursquare tips told us we "HAD" to try the deep fried oreos. Although its not on the diet.....
We had to give it a try. I wasn't entirely thrilled about the amount of calories we were about to ingest. They weren't bad though. We definitely didn't eat them all. It was good, but I don't think I would have it again. It was like a warm oreo in a funnel cake haha
Last stop on the "Jersey Shore" tour, we went to Rivoli's. An Italian restaurant also made famous bThis is a picture of Cole and Elyse waiting for their food at Rivolisy the cast in Season 3. The portions are HUGE! We had to take home all the left overs.Inside they have a huge painted mural of the cast as well. I guess they are grateful for the publicity from them.
After lunch we went back to the boardwalk for some walking around and the beach. Elyse really enjoyed strutting around and checking out all the sights and music. She was mesmoried by all the rides that she was not tallenough to ride. you had to be 36inchs tall.
Here's Elyse drawn toward a ride blaring music. She started dancing of course.
First time for Elyse walking in Sand! Last time we were at a beach it was hawaii, and she wasn't walking on her own yet.
Still at the beach! (with my new small diaper bag :) ) and new hair cut! Although, I didn't straight iron it that morning.... whoops!
She loved the sand... unfortunately, she loved finding the strange things in the sand too. I.e bottle caps, cigarette butts, shells.
Family foot prints in the sand....
I had never been to the Atlantic Ocean before, so now I've touched both! Although the water felt exactly like ice water.
Best way to spend a Sunday. Beach, Sun, Family, Fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment