Saturday, May 28, 2016

3 Day Refresh - Day 3 and 4

Hello from Day 2 post refresh!!!

Yesterday got away from me so I am posting a day late!

Day 3 - It was easier than the previous days, but hard at the end of the day. Being so close to the finish and yet not being finished. I was feeling an awesome allergy attack come on that morning, so I refrained from exercise except the regular scheduled kid chasing, house cleaning and teaching that evening. I did great in the morning without coffee, and for the first time, I actually thought the taste of shakeology was good! I would even stretch it to say delicious!

I have not be a fan of the taste of Shakeology. However, I am a sweet tooth kind of person and I always forget, it's not really a dessert! But I've grown to really enjoy it now. (I'm currently drinking their new cafe latte flavor and really enjoy it!) Through the 3 day refresh I was drinking the chocolate vegan. I didn't mind it at all. My husband was not a fan. However, I prefer it over the regular chocolate shakeology.

So day 3 went well, I stuck to the plan, I didn't have any carb cheats. Then at the end of the day, I was talking to my husband on his way home from work and I say "I want pizza" as a vent. He says "I've had a bad day. I'm okay with that." " well needless to say, we both caved and had pizza that night". I'm done with feeling guilty about my cheat meals. Guilt leads to stress, and stress leads to weight gain. So I just accept that I love food, and I love the taste of unhealthy foods. Just need to have them a lot less and in moderation!

However, I weighted myself before I consumed the delicious slice of heaven and as it turns out, I lost a total of 3lbs on the 3 day refresh. I understand that it may not seem like much but for where I am at on my weight loss journey, any loss is a win for me! Since I have hit my plateau, It has been incredibly difficult to lose anything. I've stuck with programs, changed them up and my eating is 90% better than it was even 6 months ago when I hit the plateau. I indulge on rare occasions (date nights, vacations, mom nights out) but these are not regular events. I work out daily, and by work out I mean I sweat a waterfall coming down my face, and continue to challenge myself with new workouts.

The 3 day refresh was one of them.

Review: Will I buy 3 day refresh again?  - Likely not. Unless I gain a lot of my weight back, I don't feel that I needed to spend the $50+ dollars for the shakes and fiber sweep. I feel like if I wanted to cleanse myself like that again, I would use the knowledge I got from it (3 shakes a days as meals, no caffeine, dairy, carbs. Add a fiber drink like psyllium husk, eat fruit, veggie and healthy fats and stick to it). Also, I have a hard time, as most people do, being completely restricted. Even for 24 hrs. Obviously, I added a few things off the menu and maybe my results could have been bigger. But in the grand scheme of it all, 3 days will not give you permanent weight loss. What I did get out of it was more than "results".

What I did get out of the program is getting my head back in the healthy eating game. Which leads me to day 4.

Day 4 or Day 1 post refresh: on day 3 I was thinking "Im going to make myself a REAL breakfast tomorrow. Eggs with spinach and mushrooms and its gonna be amazing!" Well I woke up and decided, I wanted to make better choices as I have been, but even better. So I stuck to my shakeology, happily had a salad for lunch. I am just in a better state of what foods are good for my end result. I am back into being motivated and staying on track! Woo hoo!! Even today, post refresh day 5, I went and enjoyed a cup of coffee. 5 min later, I got the jitters. FROM COFFEE!!!DRIP COFFEE!! I've never been one to feel the effects of coffee. Now I do!

On Monday I will be starting Master's Hammer and Chisel. Now that I've completed 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix extreme, I'm ready for a new workout! I will still be doing Bikini Body Guide 2.0 as well because I do believe an hour workout will help me out! We will see where it takes me!


No comments:

Post a Comment