Ok Day 2 has come and gone. Whew!!
Definitely Day 2 has been the hardest. Day 1, it was a hard adjustment but I was still excited about it.
Day 2, most of the day I was thinking... omg.... one more day of this!?
Day 3 (today) - I've woken up feeling sick with a cold or allergies which I don't think is related to this program. But will discuss that tomorrow.
So Day 2, I spent most of the day home trying to avoid eating out and sticking to the plan. I didn't exercise at all which is unusual for me. I took Elyse to school, Alistair to a playdate at the park, picked Elyse up, and did household work (cleaning, laundry, more cleaning, cooking, tutoring Elyse, more cleaning)
Side note: the more your kids are home, the more your house becomes a disaster.
This kept me pretty busy and it was actually really nice to slow down for a day, pay attention to the kids and the house and put working out and getting errands done aside. It was amazing. It was like being a new mom again when you are basically stuck at home because you're exhausted and you're just trying to get through the day with your child and the easiest (in a life that isn't easy at all) thing is to stay home, on the couch, ready to care for your child at any moment. Except, now I have 2 and they are kids and can cover my 3100 sq ft house floor with toys in 30min.
Anyways, I was tired, but not as tired as day 1, and I wasn't hungry, but I wanted something to crunch/snack on. So again, I went to my pita chips mid afternoon, and may have snuck in a few stale pieces of chex cereal that my kids left out. But all in all, I would say I was about 90% stuck to the program. I had all their shakes and no coffee, and drank my water, etc.
As of today, I have lost a total of 1.7 lbs. So, likely its water weight, but at least the scale is going in the right direction!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment