Wednesday, May 25, 2016

3 Day Refresh Day 1














I didn't post yesterday because I felt like I needed to get through the whole day before I could give my review!



So Day 1: Started out with  8oz of water which I warmed and added lemon juice to. Then on to Vegan Chocolate Shakeology and half a banana. I assume I was suppose to blend them together, but that sounded like more work. 



After taking a 3 mile walk with the kids I had a tea break and drank my fiber sweep. Tea was good, fiber sweep, not so much. I chugged than down as fast as possible.


After some time at the playground we went home for lunch. Lunch was their Vanilla Shake with the other half of the banana, 10 baby carrots and hummus. The shake was also not very tasty :(

After a grooling afternoon of chasing the kids around the house and trying to stay awake, it was finally dinner. Dinner was another gross shake and instead of going with one of the recipes in the book, I had a cup of carrot and ginger bisque. It did the job. 


Although I was about 98% sticking to the plan, I had a mid afternoon freakout about how sluggish I was feeling and has a few pita chips to mentally get me through the rest of my day. As a sahm, I feel like I have to have my guard up 24/7 and I also have to teach a Body Back and Fit4Baby class in the evening. I was a little embarrassed to say,  I still showed up to class tired and likely not in the best shape. 

I do feel that the sluggish feeling came more from the caffeine withdrawal than the food. Also, being on any kind of "cleanse" is a bit of a mental game for me. I binge eat the night before, then through the entire "cleanse" all I can think about is everything I can't have! It's almost worse! 

All in all, day one went by much more successfully than expected. When I got home from teaching all I wanted was to eat and was able to refrain.  I am not as hungry as I thought I would be today, but I am becoming a hermit because I don't want to leave the house and be tempted to make a bad decision. It's only 3 days! I can do this! I did not wake up feeling any thinner or lose a lot of weight (lost a pound) and that was a little discouraging with all the effort I've put in to NOT eat things. But thats okay!

Its nearing the end of day 2, and I'm in the same boat as yesterday. Tired, and all I can think about is a Togo's hot pastrami sandwich. Thankfully washington doesn't have a Togo's for me to go to, but I look forward to having one in July (which feels so far away) Hopefully I will have better results on the scale or with how I feel tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment