Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Seattle Rock N Roll Half Maraton

It's the tuesday after the Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon in Seattle. I am finally feeling back to normal as far as soreness goes. I will be attempting my first short run since. 2 miles today. I want to start back up, but very slowly. 

So the RnR, it was awesome. The course was a challenge but in the end, my end time was 2:20:06 and I am very very proud of my time. I was expecting to get about 2:42 so shaving 24 min off my time is a huge accomplishment for me. Also, it was my first half marathon. I feel like all my training and all the time I spent training was completely worth it and really paid off. I ran with my running buddy (Amanda) and it felt like the run went by very quickly. We talked, we ran, we people watched and it made the time go by faster than music or podcasts. We even continued to challenge each other. When one of us was going slower, the other one would keep the other going. It was perfect!! (although the Gu station was gross)

It was a beautiful day and I couldn't have asked for a better first 1/2 marathon. I feel so happy about having accomplished something I never ever thought I would in my lifetime. Cole and I also felt the need to continue to challenge ourselves and signed up the the RnR Marathon next year. Oh yea, not the 1/2, it will be a full 26.2 miles. whew!!! so hopefully the training goes well!!!

What's next!? Amanda and I have entered as a group into the Nike Women's 1/2 marathon in San Francsico. It is a very popular race so people are selected by random draw. We find out this week if we are picked. We really are hoping to be picked! It's the day after my 30th birthday and would be an awesome way to celebrate my 30th! If we don't get picked for that, we still want to do a 1/2 marathon. So we are toying with the idea of doing the RnR LA or the Long Beach 1/2 Marathon. I'm currently leaning toward the RnR LA because I would get an extra medal for running 2 RnRs in one year, and then Cole could do Tough Mudder that same weekend. But the Long Beach one seems much flatter. So we will see!!!

Last time I blogged, I had lost 22.6 pounds since January 2014. As of today, I have lost 34lbs. I am more than half way. I am looking to lose another 14lbs, but it will take some time. I hope to keep it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment