Monday, March 21, 2016

Update since the last post.....

Why hello there!!!

I completely forgot about this blog, and stumbled across it yesterday. I read through most of it and it really reminded me of so much I forgot about! Mostly parenting stuff, and how I clearly had more thoughts back then.

Now, I feel like a robot a little. Wake up, get Elyse ready for school, Alistair for stroller strides, feed them breakfast, drop her off, go to stroller strides, come home, do at home workout, pick up Elyse, make lunch, clean kitchen, put alistair for a nap, get stuff done around the house (or nap with alistair) make dinner, clean up dinner, go teach class/or go to mixxedfit/or sit with Cole and try to get some peace and quiet, help cole put the kids down. Over and over like its groundhogs day!

Its been over a year since i've posted, (looks like about a year and a half) and I'm still doing the same things! Still working on creating my happy and healthy body. Continuing to push myself with new programs. Since the last post, I've continued running quite a few more races including a full marathon and 2 disney half marathons.

Elyse is going to be in kindergarten this fall and Alistair will be going to preschool!! Yes, after 5 years, I will finally get 4hrs a week to myself. I love love love being a stay at home mom now. I've finally learned to enjoy and embrace it more. It was a very long road there, and still sometimes when in social situations (which is rare) I get awkward about saying I stay home as my job. But I've really started to take a lot more pride in it. More often now when I say I stay home with two young kids, the response is more positive. For example: "oh you have one of the toughest and yet the most unappreciated job in the world." I prefer this response over "oooooohhhhhh......." or "must be nice to be home all the time"

Anyways, still at it with the weight loss thing. I gained a little back last year when I started working part time at Starbucks. I was working only when Cole was home since my wages were less than an hourly babysitter. It was becoming too much stress and no time as a family. After 7 months, I had to quit and remember that my main priority was my family and not any kind of career. I was a barista, so it wasn't a career job anyways, but it was fun and challenging. Also, you got one piece of food per shift and as many drinks as you wanted per shift. Lets just say all the chocolate croissants and double smoked bacon sandwiches, mixed with tons of milk and sugar did not bode well. I gained 15lbs in those 7 months working there. I was also training for a full  marathon at the time, so it really shows how having those bad foods a couple days a week can really effect you over time even with a lot of exercise.

So I spent the fall and winter of 2015 all the way to now watching what I ate and exercising a lot. I joined weight watchers and started(and finished) Bikini Body Guide. Combo helped me lose all the weight. Now I'm back to trying to get down lower on the scale (or inches) from here. Again.

Also, since then I have become a certified instructor for Fit4mom. I am certified to teach Stroller Strides, Stroller Barre, Fit4Baby, Body Back and to run a Fit4mom running club. Currently I was teaching Body Back as well as Stroller Strides and Stroller Barre last year, but right now I am only teaching Body Back which I love teaching.

I doubt I will be able to regularly post since my life is pretty much the same with the kids and their schedules now. But maybe i'll surprise everyone and actually do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment