Monday, June 3, 2013

Crafting like Crazy

  Here's a new thing that I didn't get to have with Elyse, I finally have the feeling of nesting!

I am 34 weeks along and nesting is a brand new feeling. I always wondering if I would feel it or if it was a thing pregnant women blamed for stressing out just before the baby arrived. Well for me its a real thing. Recently I have just gotten this urgent feeling of "the baby could be here any day now and there's so much I wanted to get done before he gets here!"

Yea, that's a long quote. But that's exactly how I feel. Looking back and thinking of how much of a zombie I was after Elyse was born, and how guilty I felt for being so useless. So this time I want to get things done that I have been wanting to do for some time now(mostly from Pinterest) so I don't feel quite as bad for being a sleep deprived, useless, zombie :)

So here are a few things I have been working on!

Curtains I made for the baby's room:




 A little hard to tell in the picture, but the are rugby striped navy and white curtains! Doesn't look very hard, but its a lot of work for amature sewer! Hemming, sewing straight lines, cutting straight lines!! oh and I sewed a black out liner to the back too!Also made a crib skirt. But I think I am going to put this one in Elyse's room and add a ruffle and make a plain navy one for Alistair.


I have been crocheting a fair share lately too!!!

Heres a hat I made for Baylee:

And I tried to make a matching one for Elyse but... it turned out a tish small :(

But a little bit ago, I made this hat for Elyse:


And Last week I made these for Alistair!
So he is ready for Seahawks Season!!!

Also made him a little tag blanket:

I also saw this pin on pinterest 6 months ago:
and ive been telling myself I wanted to make this so much!!.. so I finally got around to getting everything I needed to make this and omg... its a lot of work!!! I thought it was going to be simple as gluing letters on canvas and spraying it once and Ta-Da!...no.. not at all... its making sure the lines are straight, and the letters are evenly spaced, and glued on securely, but make sure each letter is straight... then painting it.. I'm still on this process because painting around the sides of the letters has been a HUGE pain.. so this is where I am right now:
Clearly I am still trying to paint around the letters...

Lastly, I have been very minimally helping with yard work. VERY minimally.  But here is the sprout of a sunflower that I planted from the shower I threw a few months back. We gave out sunflower seed favors :)
I should probably move it to a bigger container now...

Then also recently planted this amazing Peony!!! I LOVE these. These and Dahlias are my absolute favorite flowers!!!
I left the care card so I can remember how to take care of them :) I have 2 dahila's waiting for me to put in cuter pots too!!

So for now thats what I have. Still on the list is scrapbooking Elyse up to 12 months, I am at 9 months at the moment...problem is scrapbooking is SO messy and takes a lot of work and organization. It's not for the unorganized kind of crafter or person. With all the cutting and gluing, it's hard to do with Elyse around, so I have to do it when she's sleeping. I am also not very creative when it comes to page layouts but I do think my scrapbooking has gotten much better. It went from a preschooler art project to 1st grader :)

Other things I want to do is finish decorating Elyse's room, and I am making Alistair's moblie. Finish putting up any artwork around the house and maybe get my child potty trained all before the baby arrives. Oh also, I am re painting a dresser to look distressed, we'll see how it actually turns out. 

So a lot on my list, but a lot is done too!!! :)









 

No comments:

Post a Comment