It's been about a month since my last update. It's been a fairly busy month which is kind of nice! Most of my weekends have been pretty full and my weekdays are full with visits and cleaning. The cleaning is never ending of course.
I have also come to realize that this pregnancy is almost over and I have a lot of things I want to get done before Alistair is born. I have gotten back into crafting and getting things done since I know I will be completely unless for a little bit after he arrives. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant today!! woo hoo!! I have never been this pregnant before and this was the distance the Drs wanted Elyse to get to, but we obviously didn't get that far. Unfortunately, I am definitely huge and getting stretch marks :( Not exactly something to brag about but it is reality as well. I put on that stretch mark cream a lot but I know at the end of the day, its not helping.
I also haven't gained a large amount of weight as I would have thought! Every time I go into the drs office I expect them to talk with me about my weight, but the last fwe times I was there, I only gained a pound or two. Which is great! But I have also heard you gain the most at the end, so since I am not there yet, I have nothing to celebrate. Plus, whatever I gain, I gain. At this point, I want to enjoy what I can of my last few weeks of pregnancy. I have 6 more weeks(although they want to do a c section at 39 weeks, so really I only have 5 more weeks) and I want to spend them enjoying a full night of sleep and eating what tastes good :)
Since my last post I have had visitors in town!!! First my cousin Jennie and her husband Mike came to visit for the weekend. Jennie is also pregnant and due a day after me and Mike and I were born on the exact same day on the exact same year. So we talked about how ironic it would be if we ended up having kids on the same day too!! That was a nice weekend. Since Jennie is pregnant too, we took it slow and made many many bathroom stops for the both of us :) We went to Salty's(sooo good), did a small walk on Bainbridge Island at the Bodel Reserve and did a tour of Safeco Field.
Seattle from the Bainbridge Ferry
On the Ferry to Bainbridge
The walk on Blodel Reserve
Very Pregnant at Safeco
Jennie and Elyse in the dugout
One also very exciting thing that happened was our friends Tim and Amanda had their beautiful baby girl, Baylee Faith. SO adorable!!! She was born that sunday which was also Cinco de Mayo AND Amanda's birthday!
Baylee Faith McCarthy
The following weekend, Cole and Elyse went to California for Cole's brother's graduation from CMA. My friend, Courtney came up to visit that weekend! It was nice to see her and also not be all by myself! She is also pregnant so it wasn't a jammed packed weekend. She used to live up here so it was probably good for her to see how things have changed and the things that haven't. One thing that did change was that we all have babies now!
I didn't manage to take any photos that weekend though :( We went and saw a lot of friends and had dinner and movie at Ipic and saw the great gatsby!!! so fun!!!
Thats all I will update for now. The next post will be about all the crafts I have been up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment