Wednesday, March 6, 2013

We've Moved and Swim Lessons!

  It's true, we finally moved! 

We weren't sure it was actually going to happen last week, but everyone pulled together and made it work! If you follow me on instagram then this is old news (and old pictures). We got our keys on friday afternoon and decided to have dinner as a family in our new house!

Close got to the house a little bit after me since he was coming to work and he made sure to let me know to NOT go in without him. He wanted to carry his whole family across the threshold. Once he arrived, I carried Elyse(and our unborn baby) and cole picked me up then carried us through the door. I don't think he realized how heavy that acutally would be. A pregnant lady and a toddler! Not exactly a light load. Our new neighbors saw us and cheered us on :)

We got some teryaki from a close by shop, pulled out our (never used) wedding china and had dinner on the floor or where our nook table would go. Naturally, Elyse got rice all over the floor but it's ok. It's her new house too! 


With the help of friends and family, we moved in this weekend. We are SO grateful to have the support system we do up here. It would have taken us forever to move without them. Well, it would have taken Cole forever to move since I can't really lift things. Our kitchen was fully functional by sunday(thank you to Lenny for that help!) and the master bedroom is really close. We are still painting Elyse's room now, but she is temporarily staying in another room.

She has been really loving it here. Lots of space to run and has been using her new playroom! It's not decorated at all. Right now its a room with her toys in it downstairs, but she will go in there and hang out for a long time. I was worried she would want to be in the same room as me all the time. I was clearly wrong. The baby bird is independent! 

Everyday since this weekend, we have been slowly unpacking. Cole still has so many things to do around the house to make it functional in the way we had imagined but we'll get there. We love the house and are so happy about it!
We finally got cable and internet yesterday so I am able to update :)


Yesterday, Elyse had her first swim lesson in Issaquah! Although we live in Renton now, we live very north east so we are apart of what is called "East Renton Highlands". Which means we are directly south of Issaquah and still land in the Issaquah school district. Since I have really grown to love Issaquah, I'm very happy about still being close to it. 

I have been talking to Cole about sending Elyse to swim lessons since she was 4 months old! She couldn't go until she was 6 months, but I was so excited and wanted to set up for her to go when she was 4 months. Things got busy and we just continued to push it off. (traveling for the better half of a year will do that to you!) But finally, I signed her up in January and her class started yesterday.

This is the first time the Van Gundy family has done anything with the Issaquah parks and rec and the Julius Bohem pool! It was exciting and fun to see other families just like us getting excited for a baby swim class. Cole was very skepital about the class, but I think after he saw how much she enjoyed it that he may be happy we did it. The class is 30min long and Elyse was smiles the WHOLE time. I think if anything, it's a fun new activity for her to do with her daddy :)









No comments:

Post a Comment