I have signed up for a great program through Stroller Strides called Body Back. It is an 8 week long program with a meal plan and workouts twice a week plus homework(more working out and reminding us to stay motivated). I'm doing this with my friend Amanda and we are four weeks into it. So far, so good!! 6 lbs down and I feel so much better! The meal plan is easier than I had expected too which is really helpful!! On the days we aren't in class, Amanda and I have been starting to train for the Seahawks 12k run in April. (It's April 13th and cole is doing it as well, so if anyone wants to come and babysit, that would be awesome!!!)
I also have a 5k on March 5th, but at this point in the training, it will be a breeze. Honestly though, I am not a runner, never have been. I have really impressed myself with amount of running I have been able to complish lately!! Yesterday, according to my training plan, I needed to run 2 miles. So I went to the gym and ran 2 miles on the treadmill, and went home and felt like it wasn't enough. I took the kids and went on a walk/run of 3.75 miles. Yes thats a total of 5.75miles rather than the 2 I needed to do.
Now, when I say I "ran" 2 miles, I mean I ran as much of it as I could. I am not yet able to run 2 miles straight. But I run about 95% of it which is more than I have ever been able to do. Also, I run very very slow and I am okay with that. When I try to run faster, I end up walking more. So I prefer my slow pace. I saw this great quote that I repeat to myself daily "I run slower than a pack of turtle through peanut butter, but I run." It's me. Plus, I love turtles and it makes me think of my old turtle Arnie, going through peanut butter :).
On a different note, YAY to my SEAHAWKS!!! Super Bowl Champs!! Also, I must say, everyone is giving Sherman soooo much flack for this interview after his ninners game and at first, I was pretty turn off by it all. But when I think about it more, I think its ridiculous how much people are upset by it. It's a game for the rest of us, this is his job, his career. He was heated and got passionate and it was on TV. He said in an interview, people want him to be a robot on tv and he's not. He is a person and I believe he has the right to get upset. For those pointing the finger and saying "shame on you", have you never gotten upset at work and cussed under your breath or even at someone??? yea... didn't think so. His just happens to be on TV and everyone gets to see him at the best and worst of times. No one is perfect. So yes, after its all said and done. I like Sherman. There I said it!
Go Hawks!!!! On to many more victories!!
Lastly, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment